As Kristinn Taylor reported on Tuesday, the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol issued a statement Tuesday afternoon on Ray Epps, the man seen on several videos encouraging Trump supporters to storm the Capitol during the January 6 protest turned riot at the Capitol. The statement said Epps has spoken to the committee and denied being an FBI informant or working for law enforcement. (Update at end.)
Turncoat Republican Congressman Adam Kinzinger (IL), one of only two Republicans on the committee (both he and Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) were appointed by Democrat Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (CA)) mocked Cruz over the committee’s statement, saying, “One more @tedcruz conspiracy down. Ray Epps has cooperated and is nothing but a Jan 6 protest attendee, in his own words. Sorry crazies, it ain’t true.” Kinzinger also claimed that Epps did not enter the Capitol.
The Committee has interviewed Epps. Epps informed us that he was not employed by, working with, or acting at the direction of any law enforcement agency on Jan 5th or 6th or at any other time, & that he has never been an informant for the FBI or any other law enforcement agency.
— January 6th Committee (@January6thCmte) January 11, 2022
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) questioned Jill Sanborn, the FBI’s executive assistant director for the national security branch, about Epps at a Senate hearing Tuesday:
The statements by the committee and Kinzinger do not explain why Epps has not been charged for his as-seen-on-video role in instigating the storming of the Capitol. Kinzinger saying Epps has cooperated with the committee does however open the door to speculation of a deal for his cooperation.
Adam Kinzinger then went on a tirade defending Ray Epps.
RAY EPPS THREAD:
1) I know this will break some hearts. For a few months, people like Tucker Carlson, MTG, Gaetz, and now Cruz have been “just asking questions” about a man named Ray Epps.
2) He was on video the day before Jan 6 saying “we’re going INTO the capitol!” The some in the crowd chanted “fed fed fed.” Why? Who knows, maybe they knew he was videoed talking about breaking into the Capitol the day before it was to happen and wanted to create distance?
3) Regardless, he was put on the FBI wanted list, then removed. Because of all of that, the conspiracy that he was an FBI agent has been gospel on the blogs and shows. -side note- this is why we have to address conspiracies not ignore them.
4) He didn’t enter the Capitol on Jan 6, and was removed from the most wanted list because apparently he broke no laws. I’m pretty sure the FBI wouldn’t be dumb enough to put their own agent on a wanted list. Ray Epps has cooperated with the Jan 6 committee and we thank him
5) on the broader issue. Let’s say Ray was an agent (HE IS NOT), the premise is that one agent can gin up a crowd to insurrection. That isn’t saying much about the intelligence of your voters is it Ted? The rioters had formal education, owned businesses etc. they knew.
6) An FBI informant is someone that is paid by or turned by law enforcement as they build broader cases. Informants are usually criminals that turn to save their own butt. An informant is not an agent. But Ted wants you to think it is. RAY is NO informant either.
7) The narrative on Jan 6 has been that it’s first antifa, or patriots who love their country, maybe crisis actors, def false flag operatives, or now FBI agents. Take your pick. Truth is they were rioters incited by lies. And RAY is no fed. Just another misled man.
While it may break hearts, it’s true. So many are misled by so few. Just look up.
Following Kinzinger’s Twitter tirade Rep. Thomas Massie pointed out that Epps was on tape ginning up an inssurection. And this was fine with the committee for some reason?
— Thomas Massie (@RepThomasMassie) January 11, 2022
And Epps was not just some innocent flower attending a riot. Ray Epps led the protesters to the US Capitol, ordered protesters to remove the initial barriers, urged people to storm the Capitol by megaphone and then attacked the police with a GIANT Trump sign!
So why is the sham committee of lying thugs defending Ray Epps?
The post Weird. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger’s J6 Committee Cry Over Ray Epps Who Ginned Up Crowd, Led Charge on US Capitol and HURLED GIANT SIGN AT DC POLICE (VIDEO) appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.